Pino Napoli Tile & Granite is looking for a high-performing Purchasing Assistant/Bookkeeper. The successful candidate must be organized and possess excellent time management skills. Attention to detail is vital. This new and exciting position is an integral part of our core operations.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide administrative support to the purchasing and countertop installation departments
- Enter sales orders and process purchase orders
- Provide updates to customers on the status of pending installations
- Assist with countertop division collections calls and requests
- Enter materials into flooring software and follow up with suppliers on status of orders
- Perform ongoing administrative tasks including filing, answering the phone, checking mail, assisting with customer follow up
- Must be able to provide superior customer service by accepting calls, returning calls promptly and successfully resolving problems.
- Demonstrates integrity and ability to act in a truthful manner, to present accurate and appropriate information and to exercise judgment regarding confidential information.
- At least 2-5 years of financial administrative experience
- 1-3 years of accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Experience in the flooring and/or countertop industry preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Quickbooks and other computer programs
- Strong background in Accounts Payable and Accounts receivables processes
- Committed to continuous education through workshops, seminars and conferences
- Willingness to be flexible and to work on administrative tasks in addition to financial tasks.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable.
- Energetic, self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Integrity – Consistently acts with a high degree of trustworthiness and takes responsibility for one’s actions. Behaves in a fair and ethical manner toward others.
- Building Collaborative Relationships – Builds, maintains and fosters relationships within the company and externally.
- Service Orientation – Anticipates, recognizes and meets customers’ needs and expectations.
- Results Orientation – Focuses on outcome, sets and achieves goals.
- Adaptability – Maintains effectiveness when experiencing changes in work environment or responsibilities. Approaches change as an opportunity for learning and growth.
- Managing Conflict – Deals effectively with others and stays focused on resolving the conflict. Avoids personal issues and attacks. Presents and seeks solutions or a positive course of action.
- Fostering Teamwork – Actively participates to move the team toward the completion of goals. Demonstrates personal commitment to the team.
- Initiative – Proactively acts to accomplish goals with minimal direction. Ability to achieve goals beyond what is required. Takes immediate action when confronted with a problem.
- Communication – Communicates ideas clearly and effectively.
- Technical / Professional Skills – Understands industry and uses knowledge in job responsibilities and decision-making. Ability to accomplish tasks with little instruction or guidance.